- 4 min read
- January 28, 2019
Warehouses have always been an integral part of any retail chain business and proper warehouse management has helped many industries in Philippines succeed and rule. Nevertheless, eCommerce defines a new rule and set of expectations among customers while pushing down retail chain business and changing the face of warehouse technology and fulfillment centers.
Commencement of the Warehouse Management System (WMS)
With the evolution in technology and the introduction of Warehouse Management System or WMS, the concept of warehousing has changed towards improvement. The advanced software support of warehouse management system streamlined the assets, managed the human resources and their operations with efficiency.
The shift of manual involvement to automation led to lesser human made errors and transactions have become seamless and smart since then. Gradually, the warehouse management system has pushed its roots down to all the verticals in warehouse and fulfillment services.
The Arrival of eCommerce Warehouse Management System (eWMS)
Since the origin of eCommerce in Philippines, the market has seen a vast change in terms of upgrading the way of purchase and sales. Customers are getting habituated to the comfort that eCommerce has established so efficiently. One can get anything at their doorstep with just a few clicks. Meeting customer’s demands, keeping them satisfied and loyal yet maintaining optimum price and making a profit is a challenge that eCommerce players encounter. Updating the online store, changing its offers and maintaining seamless navigation keeps professionals on their toes. However, it’s not just the online store’s software that needs to be developed at regular intervals but warehouse technology as well because warehousing, logistics and fulfillment centers are the backbone of any eCommerce store.
eCommerce Warehouse Management System (eWMS) is a new technology that offers much more premium services to the traditional warehouse platforms to maintain its predominance in providing unparalleled services.
How are WMS and eWMS different?
Warehouse management software is an application that enables you to optimize your warehouse management and distribution. Your warehouse generally includes daily tasks staffing, billing, planning, multiple updates on the goods, move the stocks from the dropping point to their specific location, move the stock from their particular area to the delivery point, best possible storage facilities and moving the goods within the warehouse.
As the name suggests, the eCommerce Warehouse Management System enables you to manage and control multiple such warehouse operations with the help of a customizable platform. As an eCommerce business owner, it is essential for you to track the activities of your workforce, manage the finances and always stay updated on the goods you offer in your store. Multitasking and multi-dimensional managing are more than robust than it sounds and eWMS software is a perfect partner for you.
What does the integration of eCommerce Warehouse Management System (eWMS) offer over Warehouse Management System (WMS)?
- It has a core module that does the synchronization and auto-updating of inventory/stock levels across all the channels (online and offline) in real time ensuring that your stock levels are perfectly managed.
- It removes the hassles of manual data entry of the order, inventory, item, customer, and shipping data. This helps in saving much time which can be used otherwise on productivity. It also eradicates the problems of human-made errors and the need to check the quality of work thus saving money as well.
- It has a marketplace integration feature that helps to add multiple sales channels in and around the globe so that you can process all the eCommerce orders directly at the warehouse.
- It is readily customizable and can support warehousing operations at scale. It can integrate easily with third party ERP systems such as SAP, Tally & various accounting & financing tools.
- It has the standard ability to provide work allocation. It manages the operations of the workforce with proper task allocation. This leads to furnishing a systematic utilization of the expertise of the working staff.
- eCommerce warehouse management system supplies entire audit trail of usage, managing, processing, controlling and updating the inventory to identify and resolve issues and yield better results.
- eWMS equips a warehouse for both B2B and B2C eCommerce capabilities.
These are some of the benefits that eCommerce warehouse management software provides and there are numerous others as well. eCommerce is the reality of doing business with ease currently and it is here to stay. To keep on playing the role of an essential link between business and customers, warehouses need to change as per the new requirements and keep on being profitable. The change from WMS to eWMS can be crucial even for warehouse owners who decide to close down. Warehouse management necessitates large space and efficient staff while maintaining its ability to embrace change and being technologically well-equipped to be a complete package and attracting more businesses.
Subscribe & Get Smart Online Selling Updates
Get the best online selling tips & techniques delivered right into your inbox…!